My Future Plans


Almost everyone in the world has future plans. A person without any plans is likened to a ship sailing the ocean aimlessly without any destinations. Having plans help us know our objectives in life and this can help us realise our dreams more effectively.

Like most people, I have future plans as well. When planning for the future, the first plan that I make is to choose a profession. It is quite hard to make a defnite choice, because I know it will affect me for the rest of my life. I want a profession that is challenging, that satisfies me and brings me joy. I believe that a job should be like a hobby. I want to love my work and know that I am making a difference in this world by educating the younger generation. My ambition is to be an English teacher. I decide on a teaching career because of my great love for this international language, the language which is the most widely used in the world. That is my first reason. The second reason is that, my mother encourages me to be a teacher and share my knowledge with the students in order to help them fulfill their wishes in their lives.

Not many students go through their teenage years without dreaming, thinking or simply imagining what their dream house would be like. I started dreaming of my dream house at the tender age of seven, when I accompanied my father to the outskirts of London to visit a distant aunt. Her house was the picture of tranquility. That quaint little cottage set the standard for my dream house. I imagine a house with a large garden in front, where my gardener would plant the most beautiful flowers of every shade imaginable. I would, of course, be able to pluck the flowers. I like to arrange them in my house. My house would have six spacious bedrooms, a large dining hall that would accommodate twenty people comfortably and a modern and well-equipped kitchen where I prepare nutritious meals for me and my family.

Almost everyone would love to have a car that suits their needs and is ideal for them. My dream car should be spacious and stylish. It is fast, but need not be the fastest car in the world, since speed kills. What I have in mind is a white Honda Accord, since white is my favourite colour. It has a good reputation of being a powerful and fuel-efficient car. I am able to save on fuel if I own a Honda car. Furthermore, in my opinion, it is classy and has an attractive appearance.

At the age of seventeen, I am just a few years away from adulthood. It is only normal for someone to picture their future life partner at this age. Personally, I would prefer a good and decent man. He should be a bit handsome too. Apart from anything physical, he must be a committed Hindu like me, as I believe that it is best if a couple share the same religion and be blessed by their god. He must also be loyal and trustworthy. He would not lie and definitely should not flirt with anyone. He must be hardworking and determined, only then will he be rich enough to pay for the family expenses and support me financially during shopping or festive seasons. These are the traits I want in my future husband but the most important trait my husband should process is to treat me like a princess and love me just the way I am.

Finally, I must achieve all these future plans in my life. They may not be easy to accomplish but I am willing to strive hard and make the necessary sacrifices in order to be successful and have a higher standard of living. When I have actualised my major plans, I believe that I have lived my life to the fullest.

Source: www.english312.com
Abam Kie

Abam Kie is currently teaching English at a secondary school in Kelantan. He likes to write a blog during his free time to relieve his stress after teaching rowdy but good-natured teenagers. When he is not at school, you can find him taking care of his adorable daughters while reading some books, magazines and websites to equip himself with the latest TESL methodology.

Post a Comment

If you comment as an anonymous user, kindly leave me your e-mail address so that I can track you back. Thank you in advance.

Previous Post Next Post