My holidays


The holidays is the time when people go on vacation or simple laze around at home to relax. My father and I decided to go to Kota kinabalu , because we are mountain climbing aficionados and wanted to climb Mount Kinabalu. Furthermare,Kota Kinabalu town is a haven for handicraft shoppers such as my mother.

The three of us reached Kota Kinabalu late at night.We hastily hopped on the bus to our hotel at the heart of the town. The nezt morning , my father and i took a van to the Mount Kinabalu base camp.

We finally reached the base camp before lunch time. we had a light lunch there, then immediately got into our trekking gear and gear and began ascending. As we plodded uphill, my father pointed out the many types of plant along our path. Hre reminded me how precious the ecosystem is and advised me to learnt to protect the environment. Besides that, Ienjoyed listening to his stories about climbing this mountain with my granfather 15 years ago. After a gruelling five hours with plenty of stops, we reached the last rest house where we spent at the night.

In the wee hours of the next morning, we started our climb up to peak. It was pitch dark and freezing.! Three hours after we began , the peak was finally in sight. We were just in time to catch a breathtaking view of the most beautiful sun rise I had ever seen.

I felt like I was on top of the word as I had successfully climbed the highest mountain in South East Asia. At the peak,I finally realised that in climbing mountains,we do not conquer the mountain but only our selve.It was the happiest day of my life.

Post a Comment

If you comment as an anonymous user, kindly leave me your e-mail address so that I can track you back. Thank you in advance.

Previous Post Next Post