catching the a thief

Something woke me up in the middle of the night. I sat up and listened carefully to a strange noise coming from the kitchen. I was all alone with my four year old sister. My parents had gone to visit my sick grandmother in my uncle’s house.
What could it be? Could it be rats? Is there a thief? These were the questions that were plying in my mind. Burning with curiosity, I climbed down stealthily and walked towards the kitchen. There through the key-[hole of the kitchen door saw the silhouette of a figure ransacking the room. It was my first experience watching a thief at work in my house. I tip-toed back to my room and carried my sister with me warning her to be quiet.
I walked across the hall and with trembling hands I opened the side window and climbed out of it. Once outside the house I heaved a sigh of relief and ran to my uncle’s house and told my parents everything. My uncle phoned the police.
Within a few minutes the police arrived. When the thieves ran out of the house the alert police arrested them. The police commended on my action. I was happy as I had acted wisely and fast.

Post a Comment

If you comment as an anonymous user, kindly leave me your e-mail address so that I can track you back. Thank you in advance.

Previous Post Next Post